Thursday, November 6, 2014

Ginger Lemon honey Syrup

So it is getting up on cold a flu season. This is something I am worried about because if I get sick I cannot see my family. I live with some who is on immune suppressant medication so, no getting sick. Because if I get sick I could get them sick and the last time one of us got them sick they were in the hospital for a week. So yeah...I got my flu shot and I am stocking up on my herbal remedies. 

This a lovely mixture that you can make and forget about it. It can go in your fridge or in you pantry.  This honey lemon ginger syrup is wonderful. I use it once day  not for the cold fighting ability but to help relive my dizzy spells. 

So some information about the herb. Honey is a natural antibiotic, it has soothing proprieties and it is raw (unpasteurized)  it also is any allergy fighter.  Lemon is a great fruit that is an immune booster, due tot he vitamin C, antibacterial. It is the simplest of all the remedies and improves glucose levels inside your body, quite effectively and quickly. Just squeeze ½ a lemon in a glass of water and mix 2 tsp sugar in it. Drink it. Ginger is use in many different ways to cure the body. It is an anti viral, anti inflammatory, it will settle an upset stomach.  It works well by improving the blood circulation throughout the body and thus, an effective cure for dizziness.

Ingredients 
1 Lemon (scrub clean, keep peel on the lemon)
1 cup of honey 
1 small ginger root

A jar with a lid 

Direction
Scrub the lemon clean under warm water. We are going to keep peel, this is were most of the nutrients are located. Slice the lemon in to rings and set aside. Then clean and peel the ginger root. slice thinly. layer the lemon and ginger together in the jar. Fill the jar with honey. Let the mixture it for a few hours so the favor can meld. 

To use add a teaspoon to hot water and drink .

No comments:

Post a Comment