Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Healthy Yummy Pomegranate Truffles

If  found this wonderful healthy truffle recipe. I was already to make it and the...no applesauce. How ate the applesauce. I was mifted. Then I realized I ate the applesauce. Oops. So I needed to find an oil substitute. That is what the apple sauce would have been. My lands on  a jar of creamy peanut butter.

This would work. It had to. So I got down to business and start to make these truffles. I also omitted the vanilla that would have normally been called for. This did not have any cooking and took a bout 10 minutes.


Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Truffles
Yield: 16 truffles
Serving Size: 1 truffle




1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 
½ cup creamy peanut butter
3 tbsp honey
96 pomegranate arils (“seeds”)
  1. In a small  to medium bowl  mix the cocoa, peanut butter and honey together. To get this smooth  it might be necessary to heat the peanut butter in the microwave for a few seconds. 
  2. The mixture should from a ball, just like a dough. 
  3.  This chocolate dough dose not need to rest in the refrigerator but you can place in in there for a few minutes to firm up. Divide the chocolate mixture into 16 pieces. Work with on piece at a time,. Make a small circle and place between 4-6 arils in the center. the fold the size over and roll into your hands. This will make it ball shape.
  4.  Repeat with the remaining chocolate and pomegranate arils. Chill until ready to serve.




No comments:

Post a Comment